What's that I hear??? Oh, it's called silence. Yes, my house was silent. It's been a long time since I've heard it. I must admit I was lonely, and Mia wasn't much entertainment since she insisted on being in bed by 7pm. I did manage to keep the house clean for 2 days in a row, we did some shopping while the boys were gone, but mostly I was jealous of all the fun it looked like Mateo was having in Laredo.
This was Mateo's first plane trip since he was one. Juan said he did a great job on the plane, no fussing, whining or issues.
Great Grandma is recovering in the hospital, so Mateo went to go visit. He brought her a red rose, and gave Great Grandpa some smarties. Such a sweet boy! I'm so thankful that he got this time to spend with family!
A trip to the mall to ride the carousel and play on the playground.
Chuck E. Cheese
Mateo slept in the bed with Juan, and had no problems going to sleep at night. This was the most shocking part to me. I'm so glad to hear this - we might have hope for future vacations that aren't a sleeping disaster.
Mateo seemed to have as many toys at Grandma and Grandpa's house as he does at home. Can somebody say spoiled? That's okay - that's how it should be, right? He also got to spend a lot of time with his cousins. There was a Dora the Explorer that Mateo was watching a few weeks ago and Dora was talking about her cousins. Mateo asked me who his cousins were and I said he didn't have any (first cousins). He was soooo sad, he started crying and crying. So now he has met his cousins and from what I hear they spoiled him as well, and he had a great time getting to know them.
Playing at a beautiful park. I'm jealous of this part, and wish we had something this fun near us!
There was a carnival in town while Mateo was there. He got to ride lots of rides, and was very sad to leave.
Pumpkin carving with Grandma.
Waving bye to Grandma, Grandpa, and Nana
And this is what happens after 3 days of non-stop fun!
I'm so happy that Mateo got this time to spend in Laredo, and with family that he doesn't get to see often. Hopefully now that he is older that will change. I asked him when he wants to go back to Laredo, and since 5 is his favorite number right now he said "5 weeks Mama." Maybe not 5 weeks, but hopefully very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment