We had a pretty busy week. Mia turns 2 weeks old today - the time is already flying! We had her two week checkup yesterday. She is up to 9 pounds 1 ounce, but her length shrank to 21.5 inches - somebody measured poorly at the hospital. That is 76th percentile on weight, 90th percentile on height and 54th percentile on head circumference. She is as healthy as can be! She remains a very sleepy baby. I struggle to keep her awake at all, but try to make sure she is awake for at least a couple hours a day to make sure she will sleep at night. So far I am able to put her down around 8pm, she wakes to eat 2 or 3 times, but stays in her crib until about 9am. To me, that is great! I hope she keeps up these habits, but I expect it to change any day now. Here are some Mia pics from this week.
We can't wait to know what color her eyes will be. I think they'll end up brown, and Juan thinks they will be blue.
This is what we call milk-drunk!
Mia still loves her tummy time. Mateo was playing with his playdoh and decided to make everybody hearts. He made Mia and Duke hearts and put them on top of both of them. Duke seems irritated that another "thing" is in the house to compete with.
Sitting in the swing.
Alert after bathtime. This is my only strategy for waking her up, and lucky for us, she enjoys taking baths.
I bought the owl hat on Etsy to use in her newborn pics.
Mia with her flowers from Aunt Monkey and Lady and PawPaw.
With her Paw Paw
With her Lady
Ever since we came home with Mia, we feel like Mateo has completely grown up. Not only does he look big to us, but he acts so old. He has such a good sense of humor and he is constantly making us laugh. It is so strange to me that he understands and uses sarcasm. He is definitely pushing the boundaries with climbing, jumping, running, and rough-housing, and I am definitely still the mother that is running behind him making sure he doesn't fall or get hurt. Here are some recent Mateo pics.
This is a pic of Mateo sleeping. Most of the time when I look at him on the monitor this is his new sleep position. - with his arms up under his head, like a little man.
I sent Juan to the store one day, and this is what they came back with - a new SpiderMan mask.
Mateo got a new owl kite - also a Juan purchase. Mateo is definitely spoiled by his Daddy.
This is what I saw when I looked in the backseat the other day - upside down sunglasses.
This is Mateo's Easter Bunny picture from 2 years ago. Quite a change.
And here is the Easter Bunny picture from this year. He was a little nervous at first, but after a few high fives he opened up.
Every time we go to the mall we have to ride the carousel.
This is our new stroller, and so far we love it. It is a sit-n-stand stroller, and has a spot in the back where Mateo can climb on and off and either sit or stand.
Today we went to an Easter Egg hunt at a local farm. They have a petting zoo, playground, train and hay rides, bounce houses, and easter egg hunt.
Waiting for the hunt to begin. Not much of a hunt, since the eggs were just scattered in a big field.
The best part - eating the contents of the eggs.
Hugging the Easter Bunny.
Sitting with a chicken.
Trying to ride the chicken.
I wore Mia today for the first time in the Moby wrap. She seemed to enjoy it, although it did get a little warm.
How did the goats get up there?
Climbing the ladder. I still don't believe that he is old enough to do stuff like this.
Crash-landing off the end of the slide.
Riding a pony.
We got professional pictures taken this week, so stay tuned for some better photographs....
No comments:
Post a Comment