The holidays have come and gone, and we are finally back to our normal routine, which means I finally have time to blog about it. Better late than never!
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Lady and Paw-Paw's house, and Aunt Monkey and Uncle Worm came in from Austin. This year Christmas was a lot of fun, because Mateo seemed to understand what was going on with Santa and presents and everything.
Playing stickers is still a favorite past-time of Mateo. Here he is playing stickers with Aunt Monkey on Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve getting ready for bed with Boo, his build-a-bear in his Santa costume.
Getting cookies and milk ready for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning the first thing he did was check to see if Santa ate the cookies and milk.
Digging into the stocking.
Of course Santa left him Dum-Dums, his favorite candy. And of course he got to eat them for breakfast.
Looking at the monster bowling set.
Yes - we got an iPad for Christmas. Mateo is used to playing with our iPhones, so he knew right away how to operate the iPad. He loves it, and we love it to keep him entertained.
Taking a break from opening presents to have some milk and cartoons.
Playing with his new trucks.
He got some headphones to use with the iPad and in the car.
Merry Christmas Paw Paw
Being silly with Daddy.
Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Edith came in the day after Christmas and stayed for a week, so these are some pics from Christmas #2.
The best present of the year was a drum set. Mateo loves to drum, and I think he's going to follow in his daddy's footsteps and be a drummer. His face lit up when he got this!
Ortegon family portrait.
We went to ride the Grapevine Vintage Train one day. Mateo really likes trains, and this was a one hour quick train ride. He had a really good time.
New Years Eve we stayed home, and had a nice dinner. I was in bed by 11pm, and everyone was asleep shortly after midnight. That's what happens when you are 7 months pregnant with a 2 year old!
We took Mateo to the Children's Museum one day, which he really enjoys.
Walking silly with Daddy.
Riding a horse and herding the cattle.
Learning to use a real computer.
Building a train track.
Digging for dinosaur bones.
Superman!
Riding the carousel with Mama. Now I know why I always make Juan ride them. I got nauseous riding that thing. I don't know if it's pregnancy or old-age, but I did not enjoy!
We had a wonderful holiday season, and were grateful to be able to spend time with our families. Now we have two months to get ready for Mia's arrival - I have no more excuses to procrastinate! Let the work begin....
No comments:
Post a Comment