Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy Holidays!

We have had a pretty busy holiday season.  It has been a lot of fun this year, because Mateo seems to understand the concept of Christmas and Santa.  He has had a lot of fun with all of the Christmas decorations, books, parades, holiday shows, etc.  We started doing the Elf on a Shelf, which I had never heard of but is apparently more popular with the kids than Santa now.  He loves to watch the old Rudolph animated show that we grew up with - he watches it almost every day.  He likes to sing Christmas carols like Jingle Bells and Rudolph.  We have been to a couple of Christmas parades and of course to visit Santa Claus.

Here he is with Santa.  I was so proud of him, he did great.  He never said anything to Santa, and just kind of stared at him like he was in shock.  The day I explained Santa and the whole coming down the chimney and leaving presents to Mateo, he looked at me like I was crazy, and then started laughing.

Looking at Santa like he's crazy.

Sitting with Daddy waiting for the Cedar Hill parade to start.

Best seat in the house.

Look at that face.  He would get so excited at the parade, he would wave and point and make sure that Juan and I saw what he saw.  His favorites are the marching band and the horses.

We got brave this year and went to the big Parade of Lights in Downtown Fort Worth the day after Thanksgiving.  It was a lot of fun.  Juan had never been and I hadn't been since I was a kid and used to ride in the parade in my uncle's old cars.  The weather turned out perfect, and we had reserved chair seats which was the way to go.

Lucky for us, both Juan and I work downtown so we had the option to take a break from the crowds in our buildings.  Here is Mateo sitting at Juan's desk.  Looks like a little Juan.

Aren't they the cutest?  I tell Mateo "you're my Santa Baby" and he says "you're my Santa Baby."

Sitting with Lady


There's that excited face again. 

We had visitors this weekend.  Jeff, Jackie, and Cole came into town to visit on Friday.  Mateo was so excited and had so much fun playing with Cole.   This is a video of Mateo talking about who was coming to town.  He calls them Cole, Mama Jackie, and Mister Jeff.



Playing hide and seek on the couch.

We definitely have a couple of boys.  They had the most fun falling off the couch, running into the couch, jumping off the couch, etc.

To our surprise Cole and Mateo had the same pajamas, so of course we had to take advantage of the photo opp.

Juan was playing "monster" with them, and they were huddled up together hiding.

Riding the train together.

Being silly with potato head parts.

They both had the same dog, Mateo's named Scout and Cole's named Queso.

Exchanging gifts - Mateo got a new tool box and Cole got some Tonka trucks.


The Dewese's gave us this wall hanging for Mia's nursery.  It was so sweet, of course I cried.

We had such a great time and were glad they were able to stay the night.  Mateo was very sad when Mama Jackie, Mister Jeff, and Cole had to leave.

These are some random pics from the last month.  Here we are doing our nightly routine - reading books with Mama.  At 27 weeks pregnant it's getting more difficult for Mateo to sit in my lap, and he usually says "move Mia" when he's trying to sit on me.

Being silly

Listening to Mia.  Every night he tells Mia good night and gives her a kiss.  It is very sweet.



Watching the rain with Duke


Juan got Mateo ready for school the other day and this is how he came out.  Looking like a little hunter boy, and he matched his Daddy that day.  

Here are some pics of the house all decorated for Christmas.



Juan and I got to go to a fancy oil industry Christmas party the other night.  We had a great time and, lucky me, I won $100 gift card.  I will say that was Juan's luck and it just rubbed off on me for the night.  Here are some photobooth pics from the party.


On another note, I am 27 weeks pregnant and we went in for a 3D/4D sonogram this week.  Mia was not cooperating for most of the session.  She had her face hidden and toward the end she put both of her hands over her face like she knew we were trying to sneak a peek.  We got a few good pics, and it looks like she has Mateo's lips and nose.

This was the first sonogram picture from 8/5. 

One month later on 9/7 she actually had a profile.

Here is her little foot.

And these are the new pics from this week.


In this pic she had both of her hands up over her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment