Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Easter, Happy Birthday!

We’ve been very busy since the last post, so this is going to be a long one. First things first, Happy Birthday to Juan – an amazing husband and father. He turns the big 32 today! We’ve had a lot going on the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately, Sadie, our 7 year old German Shephard mix passed away from a sudden illness. She was such a sweet and good dog and will be missed so much by all of us. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures of her. Grandma and Grandpa Ortegon were in town for 9 days and Aunt Edith was here for the last 4 days. We went to the zoo one day, which Mateo loves. They had a really neat exhibit where you could get a stick that had bird food on it, and the little birds would get on the stick to eat, so you could have a up close look at the birds. Mateo is really interested in birds right now, so it was a really good experience for him – until the bird got on our hands. That was a little too close for his liking.
These are a few pictures from the park. We can always get good pictures of Mateo swinging, that’s one of his favorite things to do.
Smelling the flowers. Whenever he sees flowers now, he always takes time out to smell them.
Taking a walk with Grandpa.
We were so glad Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Edith were here with us to celebrate Easter and see Mateo’s first Easter Egg hunt. We had been practicing hunting eggs at home for the past couple of weeks, because we wanted Mateo to know what he was supposed to do. He did perfect at the real thing! The weather was beautiful, and we had a nice barbeque at Lady and Paw-Paw's house.
Of course once he got his basket full he decided to dump all of his eggs out.
Feeding Roy and Bella some goldfish.
Sharing his goodies with the whole family.
Juan bought Mateo a $1 kite at WalMart, and it actually flew really well. It was really windy that day which was nice for kite-flying. This is Mateo flying the kite from his swing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm glad Juan found our blog. Mateo is adorable! I love the pic where he is smelling the flowers. Anytime I try to get Hannah to smell anything she just opens her mouth as if I'm feeding her. I say "no mouth, smell with your nose" but I don't think we are there yet. How old is Mateo?

    In response to the comment from Juan on our blog-NO! I don't want jesse to just have a mustache! Anytime he shaves his face I'm bummed. I like the goatee. :)

    ReplyDelete