This weekend was a busy one. Mateo woke up at 5:30am both mornings (this appears to be a new habit), so we got an early start to both days. Saturday we went to Bass ProShop, and just like his daddy, Mateo loved it. There are animals everywhere! They may be a little less alive than at the zoo, but at least that way you can get close up. They also have a big fish tank that he enjoyed looking at. Then we went and had lunch at the Rainforest CafĂ©. It’s a restaurant that is decorated like a rainforest with gorillas and elephants, and birds hanging from the ceiling. That was a lot of fun too. Our table was right next to a fish tank with lots of colorful fish, and they had a little show where all of the animals would come alive and move around. We were right near the gorillas, which were a little scary, so Mateo was a little nervous when they would start moving.
Today we spent the morning at the park, and then we made a trip to the toy store to buy Mateo some more MegaBlocks. They are like giant Legos, and he loves playing with them!
New things for Mateo this week:
- A sense of humor – Mateo has recently started verbally answering questions with a “yes” or a “no.” This week when I was putting him to bed I asked him “Do you love your mama?” He looked me dead in the eye and said “noooooo,” and then started laughing! That is not a good sense of humor!
- Singing – He might be the next American Idol.
- Telling me what to do – Just a few minutes ago he pulled me into the bedroom, pointed to the floor, and told me to “sit down.” When I sat on the bed, he looked at me, pointed to the floor again, and said “sit down.” Yes sir!
Very rarely do I let Mateo go wild with his food, but this week I gave him some spaghetti and meatballs, and he hardly ever will eat meat, but this time he devoured it. I didn't want to interrupt so I just let him go at it, and this was the outcome. Straight to the bathtub.

The Rainforest Cafe

Coloring at the table. And notice it is with his left hand. I know it's too early to tell, but I'm putting money on it that he'll be a lefty like his Grandpa and yours truly.
No comments:
Post a Comment