Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all of the mothers out there! I had a very special mother's day, starting with a 2-hour massage and ending up at Mayfest with my boys. Here are the two best Mothers ever!
Watching some Sesame Street. Sesame Street is one of the only shows that Mateo will pay attention to for more than a few seconds.
Juan and I got to enjoy some crawfish a couple of Fridays ago at an afternoon crawfish boil. It was a nice break for me to take a Friday afternoon off work - and a normal Friday for Juan!
We are planning our first family vacation to Sea World San Antonio in June. Mateo won't last very long in his stroller, so we usually end up carrying him, and he is getting too heavy, so we invested in a baby back carrier. We practiced using it when we went to Mayfest, and Mateo seemed to enjoy it. As we were walking to the car, we were passing all of the other families carrying their kids or pushing screaming kids in their strollers. It felt nice to not be one of them and I felt like I was getting a workout while using it. Josie would be so proud!

We went to The Little Gym for the first time last weekend. It is basically a large organized playdate. Mateo started out a little reluctant, but once they dumped balls all over the ground he really loosened up. He does this thing now where he will grab a toy or a ball or anything, and drop it behind his head - and he thinks it disappears. He started doing this to all of the other parents at the Little Gym. I don't think they knew what to think of it!

2 comments:

  1. Is that an Ergo? Thats what we have. I love it b/c with an insert it worked as a newborn and up to 45 pounds. Hannah still likes to be on my front which is getting harder since her hair now tickles my nose. But she's okay being on the back to. Glad you had a good mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud. I AM proud!!! So glad you like it. You look great Allison! You guys should stop by for a visit in June. We'd love to have you! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete