Sunday, April 10, 2011

19 Months...

Mateo will be 19 months on Tuesday. Things he likes now:
  • Elmo - He loves his tickle me Elmo, Elmo books, and Sesame Street.
  • Muffins - He loves muffins. If he is about to get a muffin he does a little muffin dance and gets so excited. We have had several muffin fights though, because when you give him the muffin he is so excited about it that he just holds it and stares at it. The other morning before work, I made the mistake of giving him a muffin, and he wasn't eating it, so I broke it in half and separated the muffin top from the muffin bottom. Needless to say, I had to drop him off at school while he was still having a muffin-fit.
  • Mom - I can finally say that. Usually Dad is the favorite, but Dad was gone in Houston this week, so I am the favorite right this second.
  • Catching kisses - It's so cute, you blow him a kiss and he catches it.
This weekend we got brave enough to take Mateo to get his haircut. It's been pretty traumatic in the past, but it's been months since we've been, so Mateo was sporting his Justin Bieber hair. Here is the before, during, and after pictures.

During the haircut, we distracted him with peach iced tea. He only ever drinks milk and water, so it is definitely a treat to drink something else. He drank that entire jug of tea during the haircut. It was so much that his diaper exploded on the way home! Oops!
He looks so old with his hair cut.

Juan has taught Mateo how to make funny faces. Go figure.
He looked so handsome with his new haircut that we decided to go get some Bluebonnet pics. Enjoy! Mateo still has an obsession with buckles. You can see here he had to take some time out of the photoshoot to play with the buckle.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, on the other blog I asked how old he was....now I know! I wish Jesse was sometimes Hannah's favorite. She is in a full-on "mommy stage". Its exhausting to me and frustrating to him. Maybe a daddy stage will start soon!

    ReplyDelete