Saturday, July 7, 2012

Daddy's home!

Daddy is home after being gone for a month in Argentina!  We are all so thrilled to have him back.  Of course he came home with gifts for all of us, which was very sweet. 
Before Juan left he asked Mateo what he wanted from Argentina.  Mateo said a lollipop and a soccer ball, so that's what he got.

Something I've always looked forward to doing when I had kids was decorating cookies.  I loved doing it as a kid and couldn't wait to do it with my own kids.  So I decided it was time.  Mateo's attention span made it through most of his cookies, and then he enjoyed eating them!  Note to self - no more blue icing!


And something Juan has always looked forward to was taking Mateo to the movies.  Surprise, surprise....So today was the big day.  He took Mateo to see the new Madagascar movie.  He made it through the enitre movie and had a great time.





And here are some pics from the week.






Mateo continues to amuse us.  This week he hit his head on the wall on accident and I said "I'm going to start calling you Mateo BooBoo Ortegon since you get hurt all of the time."  No more than a couple seconds later I dropped my phone on my foot and was in some obvious pain.  He turned around and said "I'm going to call you Mama BooBoo Ortegon."  He also talked about a dream for the first time this week.  He said he dreamt he was riding horses with Daddy, and so I asked him where I was.  He said I was just watching, because I fell off of my horse.  I asked how I fell off, and he said "You just need to be more careful Mama."

And here are some pictures from Juan's stay in Argentina.










No comments:

Post a Comment