Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just the 3 of Us

I will start by saying this is my first post blogging from my iPhone, which is amazing to me, since unfortunately all of my pictures are taken with my phone and it means I don't have to get out my laptop. The bad news is I'm sure my typos will increase and I'm sure there will be some autocorrect incidents.

Now to the update...

We are going on a full month with Juan in Argentina for work. I wish I could say we were having a great and easy time without him, but we are not. We miss our husband and daddy and the extra hands. I will say that my respect for single mothers has drastically increased. And what would I do without my mom, who has been here evenings and weekends, in sickness and in health, to help. It has also confirmed for me that I am so lucky to have such sweet and well behaved kids. It makes it that much easier.

Mia will be 4 months old soon! I cannot believe how fast the time has flown and I cherish every minute with her, because I know she will be a toddler in the blink of an eye. She is doing great at school. They told me yesterday that they were having a hard time feeding her because she was smiling too much! How lucky am I?!? As I sit here blogging at 6am she is still sound asleep and has been sleeping for 11 hours without one peep. Again how lucky am I?!? She does a lot of talking and giggling and just loves watching Mateo.

Mateo is such a silly boy and makes me laugh all day. The other day he turned around so fast and started running and tripped over the bumbo. He flew through the air and hit the ground so hard I swore he would be hurt. He just stood up and yelled "strike!!". Lady was using the blender the other day and he told her to "stop making a racket". When Lady left last night we told Mateo Lady had to go home to put PawPaw to bed and feed him and read him stories and Mateo said "and change his diaper?". His teacher told me yesterday that he was correcting her Spanish, which he does to me too. And they tell me that in circle time Mateo is the one that answers all the questions. He asks me every morning if Daddy is still in Argentina and asks "he's coming back?".

I have adjusted okay to returning to work. It is hard to be away but I do appreciate the time I do have with the kids so much more.


Sitting in their chairs watching cartoons in the morning while I get ready for work.
Sleeping beauty.  Mia sleeps about 12 hours a night.  7pm to 7am if I let her. 
We are still working on potty training, and just like a little man, Mateo likes to have entertainment with him.
This is Mia's boyfriend at school, Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment