Juan and I both turned, um, 21 again. He had a ice cream sundae buffet and I got cake, roses, and wine - 3 of my favorite things!
For Mother's Day weekend Aunt Monkey and Uncle Worm came into town and we spent the day at Lady and Paw Paws. I got a beautiful watch that opens like a locket with the kids initials M.I.O. and their birthdates. I also got another canvas print to complete my collection.
When Juan and I got married I had a canvas print made of me holding my bouquet with the detail on my dress. When I was pregnant with Mateo I had the canvas print made holding the monkey in front of my belly. So Juan had the next one made of me holding the owl in front of my belly.
Mia turned 2 months old on the 10th. At her 2 month appointment she weighed 13 pounds 2 ounces, was 24.25 inches long and 38cm head circumference. That is 95th percentile on weight, 97th percentile on height, and 25th percentile on head. Looks like she got mama's height and daddy's head. Here are some recent Mia pics.
A few new things with Mateo are:
- Swimming - We signed him up for swim lessons at the YMCA. He did so well. He is now swimming with a floaty on his own, and with a little support without a floaty. Hopefully by the end of the summer he will be swimming all on his own without a floaty.
- Imagination play - We are constantly avoiding the sharks. Sharks are all over our house and all the furniture is a boat, so we have to jump over the sharks and safely get on the boat.
- His own language - Mateo speaks his own made up language. He will have conversations with us, sing songs, etc all in his own language.
- Spanish - We've been stepping up on teaching Mateo spanish. He's pretty much got down numbers, colors, and shapes.
- Making Mia smile - Mateo likes to sing to Mia, and he usually gets a smile out of her. And he has started saying "Look at that smile" in baby talk, the way we do when we see her smile. It's super cute!
We were supposed to go to the Dewese's lake house this weekend to play with Cole and so they could meet Mia, but unfortunately Mateo was sick for the past 10 days. I had it for a few days as well, but recovered much quicker. Poor Mateo still isn't 100%, and we are so ready for him to be well. We were able to spend a little time in the pool, still a little chilly, but Mateo didn't mind much.
And here is my favorite picture of the week. Mateo showing Mia her new mobile.
And here's one last video I took to send to Lady one night. I thought it was funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment