Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Family Visit

It's been too long since my last post. We've been pretty busy around here. Grandma and Grandpa were in town for a week, and it was a great visit. They got to spend some quality time with Mateo for the weekend while I was visiting my sister in Austin. Juan got to take a couple days off work to spend with them too.

New things for Mateo are:
  • Putting words together.  He said his first sentence this week - "Mama has a tongue."
  • Counting things.  He will point and usually say "Two, three, two..."  He tries, but right now the numbers are all out of order.
  • Saying the alphabet.  He can say the letters, but they are also all out of order.
  • Contemporary dance.  We watch the show So You Think You Can Dance, and Mateo has started mimicking the contemporary dancers.

These pictures were before Mateo got his last haircut.  When I look back at them I think, "who is that boy?"





 
Giving himself kisses in the mirror


And here we are post-haircut.


Grocery shopping with Grandma at the children's museum


Daddy is starting Mateo off early looking at oil stuff.










Eating at the Rainforest Cafe.  When we first started going there Mateo was pretty scared of the gorillas, but he's getting used to it now.
Saturday morning we woke up to RAIN! I almost forgot what it was.  We sat out on the patio and Mateo enjoyed his first time playing in the rain with Harley. 


No comments:

Post a Comment