We've been pretty busy the last month with birthday parties and the start of football and school.
Mia turned 18 months somewhere along the way. She is quite a handful. She went from our easy baby to our determined toddler. She definitely wants what she wants when she wants it. Although, being the second child, she usually doesn't get it. Her fits are like nothing we've ever seen before - banging her head, biting herself, throwing stuff, hitting, etc. Most of the time we just laugh.....Other than that, she is a very sweet and smart girl. Her vocabulary is expanding, she is getting good at communicating what she wants - unfortunately her sleeping has gone south. Instead of her 14 hours of sleep a night, she is down to 10 or so. I guess I can't complain, but the 14 hour stretch sure was nice. She is known as the hugger at school, because she likes to hug everybody that walks in and out of the door.
This was a birthday party we went to for Camron. They had a bouncy house water slide, which Mateo had never been on. He had more fun that day than I can ever remember. On top of that, they have a beautiful backyard, and he spent a lot of time riding the John Deere, and then he was able to feed some horses and a donkey.
Football season is here. I have been preparing for this for quite some time. This is one of my first apparel sewing projects.
Lady and I are making scarecrows this year. This was Mateo playing with Lady's. We are quite lucky that Paw-Paw wears scarecrow attire, so we have plenty of clothes to choose from.
My friend Jenny and I organized a painting party for work friends and our moms. We had a great time painting and drinking some vino for the afternoon.
Little diva. This was one day when Juan had to stay home with a sick Mia. He was taking her to the doctor and sent this pic. I always am impressed with Juan when he gets Mia ready. He actually takes the time to pick out a cute outfit and doll her up.
We finally hit another milestone in my book. I asked Mia one day if she wanted to color her nails and she said "yeah." She sat still and let me paint her toenails and her fingernails. So much fun!
My little Aggies on game day. We had a nice day for the Alabama game even though the Aggies lost. Hopefully that is the only loss of the season!
The night of the Alabama game Mateo had his first sleepover at Lady's house, since he has been old enough to understand what a sleepover is. He was so excited to go, he couldn't wait to leave. It was a great break for Juan and I, it felt so weird only having one child in the house, and Mateo did so good at Lady's.
That's all for now.












No comments:
Post a Comment