My how things change in Texas. Since my last post we had several more ice and snow days, with record breaking temperatures and negative wind chills. Being stranded at home for days at a time can really push the limits on how to entertain a toddler. Fortunately for me, Juan is very creative in how to keep Mateo entertained.

The pond behind our house froze over except for right around the fountain in the middle.

Trying to break into the safe

Raiding the fridge. Lucky for us, there is a gas station 2 blocks away, so Juan could hike to go get food if we ran out.
Dancing!

Let the dress up begin. Just about everytime I turned around Mateo had a different outfit on - courtesy of his daddy.

Yes please! You can Swiffer the floor wearing anything you like!

While we were home with Mateo for days in a row, he developed a new habit. Let's just say after he gets under the picnic table we have to have a diaper change.
More Juan-style entertainment. This is how Juan and Mateo do laundry.

Last weekend Cassie and Brady came into town to visit from Oklahoma for Cassie's birthday and to go to the Dallas Boat show. Mateo warmed up to Cassie, only after a Vanilla Wafer bribe. Unfortunately, Mateo got a stomach bug that weekend, and was sick almost all week.

This is how I was greeted when I got home from work on Valentines. Aren't I lucky?!? Red roses and a Nordstoms bag! I got a beautiful new watch from my boys.

I could watch him sleep for hours. This was actually naptime while Juan was home with him while he was sick.
It feels like Spring again this week. It was beautiful all week, so today we took advantage and went to the Fort Worth zoo for the first time! This was a moment we have been looking forward to since Mateo was born. We had such a good time, and couldn't have asked for better weather. Mateo has always loved looking at animals and being around them, and making animal noises. At first Mateo had that concerned look on his face, and held on to Daddy with a deathgrip. I don't think he realized that all of the animals we look at in books are real. After awhile he loosened up and had a blast!

At first I think he thought this was a real elephant.
What does an elephant do? He learned this at school I guess. He puts his hand up to his nose and tries to make an elephant trunk.

Looking at the giraffes.
Making owl noises. Lady taught him this one because she has a clock in her house that makes an owl noise. You can tell him one time and he will remember it.

The penguins were one of his favorites.

Look at that jaguar! Did anybody know that these are in the Texas section at the zoo, because supposedly these live in South Texas and Mexico!?! Really?

Picking the kangaroo's nose!

Looking at flamingos.
Talking jibberish on the way home from the zoo.

Reading books after a long day of fun.
Reviewing what we heard all of the animals say today.

Night-night everybody!
Your house looks so pretty in the snow. Mateo is getting so big. I was just thinking we need to see you guys again. He was a baby when we last saw you.
ReplyDelete