Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving and Baptism

This is going to be a long one!  We had a very busy last few days to share.  We left for Laredo on Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving in Laredo, go to Aunt Edith's 40th birthday party, and Mia's baptism.

We left town early Wednesday to make the 7 hour drive.  After 3 pitstops in the first hour, the drive went very smooth.  We were surprised how well the kids behaved.  We ate lunch in San Antonio, let them run around the mall for awhile and made it to Laredo around 2pm.




We stayed at a hotel, just so we could give Mia a separate place to sleep since she still needs her naps and quiet for bedtime.  She did so well!  Despite not getting her full beauty sleep and having 3 out of 4 molars coming in, she didn't give us any problems going to sleep or napping in a strange place.


We got to go to a couple of really nice parks to burn off some energy while we were there.  The weather was perfect for being outside and it helped the kids calm down some.

At one of the parks there was a whole family of deer that we got to sit and watch for awhile.

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious after Grandma slaved away cooking all day :)  We were all stuffed, especially Mia who couldn't get enough!  I have so much to be thankful for, and I try to remember that everyday.  Most importantly we are thankful for our family both near and far, and grateful that we got to spend time in Laredo this year.  It had been three years since I had been down, and this was Mia's first Laredo visit.  Hopefully this is the beginning of being able to spend more time down there.  I am so happy that Mateo had so much fun with his Laredo family.  He stayed the night with Grandma, Grandpa, and Nana most of the nights, and spent some quality time with Aunt Martha, Jonathan, Diana, and Lacho.  I tell myself all of the time what a good kid Mateo is, but it hit me hard on this trip how proud I am of him.  I know I am biased but I feel like he is so well behaved and has a heart of gold - more than the average 4 year old.





Friday night we went to Nana's 40th birthday party.  The kids got all dressed up and tore up the dance floor.  Mateo definitely follows in Daddy's footsteps in his ability and willingness to dance, and Nana knows how to throw a fun party!







Saturday morning was Mia's baptism.  Poor Mia had a rough couple of mornings, and now I am pretty sure it was because she has 3 molars coming in.  I knew she wouldn't enjoy being in the dress, and that did cause some discomfort, but she did great in the end.  She looked like a beautiful little princess, and I kept imagining that it was her wedding day.  She kept us all entertained by trying to get out of the baptism by repeatedly telling us she had "poopoo" and needed a "diapy" throughout the ceremony.  It was a beautiful ceremony either way.  We were so blessed to have our family and friends there with us, and so lucky to have all of the help with arrangements of the ceremony and lunch afterwards.  










This is a perfect picture for her wedding slideshow :)

















Mia was at her wits' end here, and she was in the process of clawing my neck!  We will file that one away for funny family photos.









We headed back home early this morning, and the kids did as well on the way home as they did on the way down.  It was an exhausting and fun few days full of love and blessings!



1 comment: