Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Day of School!!!

We’ve been anticipating this day for quite awhile, and finally today was Mateo’s first day of school at the Fort Worth Montessori School. The day started quite early for Mateo – Juan had him up and ready by 6am. Lucky for me, he slept the entire 45 minute drive to the school. I stayed and played for about half an hour before I got the courage to leave him and head to work. It was definitely difficult, but I got out of there without crying! He seemed to be enjoying staring at the other little girl that also started today. He is only one of three in his class that can’t crawl yet – the others in the classroom go up to 18 months old. Juan talked me into going to lunch with him (just like old times) instead of going to spy on Mateo. I was tempted to drop by to check out what he was up to. I received a phone call from the owner/director midday saying that Mateo was doing well and having a good time. The work day finally ended and I was able to go pick him up and get my smiles, but of course, he was sleeping when I arrived. He slept on the drive home, and couldn’t wait to go to sleep this evening. All of the activity must have really worn him out. It was a great first day!

Wakey, Wakey Eggs and Bakey!

Time to get ready for school.

On the way out the door Playing at school School
School

No comments:

Post a Comment